How great are walls!?

You might be wondering whether I've accidentally misplaced the word 'wall' in this title. But no, I really mean it! I love my room but the main issue I have is that there's not a lot of edging (is that the official way of describing it!?). That's why I've made the most of my walls to overcome this. Here are a few of my wall 'uses':

This is not the most revolutionary idea I admit, but it's one of the most effective. I've lost track of the number of coats I own (it might be in double figures...) so I always struggle for space to store them all. This coat hook is the perfect addition to my room that makes it easy to chuck my coats on at the end of the day.

Another non-revolutionary wall use, but hanging paintings and photos on the wall is such an easy way to spruce up your walls. And it saves loads of space on your other surfaces!

Wall use doesn't need to be limited to actual walls....it includes doors too! This attic door sits right next to my bed so I decided to screw a couple of floating shelves onto it to make myself a mini night stand to store my clock, books and light. 

Exhibits 4 to 6 show my desk space. I'm a keen sewer so I always need to have lots of sewing equipment on hand. An 'epiphany' moment I had gave me the idea of sticking pegs to my wall to hang some of these things. This idea could work with so many things (as long as they're not really heavy!) and also looks cool too, right? I also decided to hang up a fake plant and a floating shelf to add to the aesthetic. It's perfect for adding a bit of a creative spark to the space.


Long gone are the days of guitar stands taking up space in your room. These guitar wall stands are genius. We bought a load of these to hang up my brother's guitars along our hallway (he has a lot of guitars!) and I used the only wall space left in my bedroom (aka my cupboard door) to hang mine up.

Comments

Popular Posts